Tuesday, September 4, 2007

YAHOOO....lets get targets on this one.

Yahoo woke up today with a start- up $1.25 .... and woke me up too. Rubbed my eyes- to check again. Looks like this ones out of slumber at last... and bottomed out. Its 23.9.... and my target is nothin less than 30. But I may sell some on the way...Ha.

Someones talkin about the VIX... lets pay heed. Its at 23 or so... he says we are in for some more volatility in the weeks to come. Which means the VIX will be up again -maybe not upto the crazy 35 level... but who knows... its a mad market. Traders will love it if the VIX decides to dance again.

My target for the NASDAQ is met. Its at 2630. DOW has 200 pts more to go and S& P 13 points away. AM I raising my targets. No, I am not a greedy chaser. I am happy to sell my positions once my targets are met and enjoy the cash for a while until an opportunity presents itself. Thats discipline.

TSL IS 50 today. Up 25% in a week since I recommended it. Now those are astronmical gains. I am not greedy. I sell today.

GRMN did something strange on Friday. I recommended buy in the mid 90s. I did myself. And then on Friday it went to 105.85 to a new high. IT closed all the way down to 101 and change. DID I panic? NO I bought the 110 call options at 1.50. I would not have done that if I did not have faith in the stock and story. It helped. This morning when YHOO woke me up -with a 1.25 $ gain... I checked GRMN. It was at 107. Sold my call options at 3 for a $1500 gain in a day and 100% return on that little call investment. HOLYMOLY VOILAHOO... Am holding onto the GRMN shares for a target price of 120. give and take a few cents.

Moving onto Yahoo- no pause for applause... this one is out of its slumber- I think there is no stopping it until 30... its 23.8...for anyone who is reading.

I have a new pick that has low downside in my opinion. SIRF at $17! Its in the GPS device chip business. ITs hit a 52 week low of 16.2 last week. If GRMN is doing so well... the chip that goes into its device (NUVI) should do well. Theres fears of competition... but not the end of the world... Monas trading instinct says BUY SIRF.

Today it is all about picks. But beware the VIXX... and the volatility ... hopefully I should be able to sell my positions by thursday- FRIDAY I change some stories... Thats me signing off reminding you to pull the trigger when its due.

Theres nothing but celebration... coming up. AM takin some people out for lunch soon... as my comments have been right on the money- I cant believe it myself- after all I am no Cramer.... and no one reads my blog.
Hope you are reading...AB! Would like you to participate in my next lunch celebration... but alas....

No comments: