Friday, August 24, 2007

INDIA

They say buy domestic over international. I say buy emerging markets that have already emerged. My favorite Asian tiger... INDIA. For today I say buy TTM- Tata Motors -its trading at great value... ($16)and ready to break out of the mid teens into the 20s... You heard it here first. Who says this is a stock picking blog. But in these markets you could trust anyone... soon I will have an archive and my record will say it all. Watching is the name of the game but sometimes you watch enough and just pull the trigger as Jim would say- to go ahead and BUY. Other Indian ADRs that are strong fundamental companies - INFY ($45.75) and IBN ($41.25)!

They say buy value over growth and recession proof the portfolio. Global markets have not taken down growth estimates yet... so is recession hovering the globe? Who's to tell? Oil is value says one suited gentleman on CNBC... and buy VALERO. I agree but I think NBR is `value'.
On the other hand, Oil is certainly and has been a growth story. -so you got to be invested in an Oil stock whether you like growth or value. Maybe HAL is value- Cramers favorite one but the market does not like that one. So to buy or not is your decision. As the market continues to baffle you, stick to what you know. I know NBR is low risk- flirting with its 52-week low- made its double bottoms etc. technically- no reason why it had to crash all the way from high 30s to high 20s. Thats what makes me BUY NBR. Dont know what will make you buy it, though.
What if growth is slowing down... do you still buy growth. I guess then you are buying `slow growth'. OH yes and thats when real growth stories become value stories. Reiterating, BRCM, EBAY and AKAM- my personal value picks. Ta Ta- dont forget TATA motors. TTM is the way to go... read the story of today and you will know why TTM is an international stock thats just too cheap.
Good luck. Yesterday around noon, in my blog I predicted the market will end on the flat line- NOT up, NOT down. Today Mona's intuitive eye sees green across the board, double digit on the DOW.
I am not a bull. I am not a bear. I am an elephant... will tell you why someday... only want to remind you that an elephant when it needs to can run faster than bulls and bears...and will be first to run when its afraid of global gloom. For now the elephant is calm and just watching -as markets are a-stablizing.
Theres always somethin funny goin on... in the market- and I need to bring it to you. To make light of something as serious as money takes courage and I have it.

No comments: