Monday, October 29, 2007

TAKING PROFITS AHEAD OF THE FED

Rally continued on friday and Monday morning looks good. Global markets were strong. Ahead of the Fed meeting and interest rate cut decision on Wednesday methinks we have a chance to sell some and be ready for a pullback thursday ahead of the job numbers. Sell into this rally is my trade. LEH bought last week at 55 looks good as I sell at 61.50 today. YHOO nibbled at 30.25- last week selling at 34 today before the ALIBABA IPO effect wears off. ENER rallied to 29 and change close to my target of 30- it was undervalued at 25 where we bought it... and still goes higher but for now will sell at 29.25! We trade to make money and if we dont sell we just see the ups and downs in the stock prices.
AKAM is nearing 40 -will watch this one. Have held on all the way from 30 and if it does break out above 40 may get 45. Not being greedy, just rational as I love the sector AKAM is a leader in. LLNW the new recruit has started moving again.... We are in 10 and 11 its about 12.25... my target is 15 and I will be patient.

YGE my solitary solar play broke out just as expected. In at 31.7- its foolish to sell a solar stock that just breaks out to a new 52 week high... but selling half the position at 38 if I get it today... makes me comfortable to get in again if it does pullback. Or we make money on the half position we did not sell? YA?

Mona will be back soon. For now sell into the rally and watch for pullbacks. Year end rally will continue to test the highs but not without some hiccups...

Cheers ... and good luck.

No comments: