Friday, October 5, 2007

KUDOS- job numbers...

HA HA HA HA HA HA.... cant help but laugh out loud. The job numbers which were declared at - 4000 last month- which means that the economy lost 4000 jobs ... . - well, these were revised to a new number that says the economy actually added 89000 jobs last month. Now were the economist gurus more accurate maybe the FED may not have eased interest rates by 50 basis points ... when it did in September. That was triggered off by the bad job numbers among other pressures I guess. A negative jobs report is dicey- well it was WRONG. The ecnomomy added 89000 jobs ... get it?

Today they said the economy added 110000 in September. And we are on our way to record territory as far as the stock market is concerned. Whats good for the sentiment is good for the economy. If God forbid these numbers are revised next month ... who is to know... whether the rally is justified.

DOW up to 14065. NASDAQ upto 2773... S& P upto 1555... WILL NOT LAST is my prognosis.

For me, I am a seller again. Sold some of SIRF... from 16 to 24 is good for me... Will find a new entry point below 23... for the cash raised. Or move to a greener pasture. Am out of BRCM... thats been good to me... from 32 to 38... ! AM holding onto GLW which we bought at 24... its 25.8... and am a seller at 27 next week. I still await for CSCO to break out. My prediction of DOW 14000 and CSCO 35 on the same day was wrong. CSCO touched 33 and change and is sulking again at 32. Must have been some analyst's downgrade at the wrong time.

CHNR is my new short. Shorted at 47 today... its a china stock gone out of whack. Up from 10 to 50 in a week spells SELL for me. SLB- the oil services company is getting pricey- am buying puts...

Am sticking with my housing stocks... DHI and TOL and for technology SNDK looks good at 52.

End of week, another number out of the way. Maybe next week we still rally a bit more... and then pause as the earnings releases start. Thats cause for all the selling I have done. Will watch for the next opportunity and bring it to this blog.

Meanwhile... stay tuned...for more laughs .... at monasmadmarket...

No comments: